Sunday, December 17, 2006

I started cycling a in the spring of 2004 because I simply didn't have anything better to do. What started out as another expensive hobby for me quickly became something about which I was very passionate. In two years I've ridden several thousand miles on road bikes, mountain bikes, and cross bikes in a couple of different states, struggling against wind, heat, cold, and rain. For the last six months my bikes have been parked in a corner while Jennifer and I have battled morning sickness, ovarian cysts, 15 year old Mustangs, and midnight feedings. During that time I've managed to find the 20 pounds that I lost while riding, and my body has not reacted well at all. Two months ago I went to the emergency room experiencing chest pains, which thankfully turned out to be inflammation in my pectoral muscle. During the follow up visit with my general practitioner, I was officially diagnosed with hypertension. At 27. To say that I was depressed with that little bombshell would be an understatement. Now my bikes and I have a new battle against high blood pressure. Cycling is still something that I like to do, but now it's also something that I have to do. For myself, for Jennifer, and for Hogan.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com