|
|
The Fitz
I am Jeremy Fitzpatrick; this is my Blog. I enjoy cycling and I want to be your president!
Links
Addictive Cycles Nacho Average Blog Heather Anne Fat Cyclist
Previous Posts
January 2005 February 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 December 2006 October 2008 |
|
Sunday, May 07, 2006
I have officially crossed the threshold from recreational cyclist to obsessed ubergeek. In case you are wondering, obsessed ubergeeks scrape together parts from many different bikes to make one "frankenbike", usually despite the fact that they have several other bikes already. Last week I purchased an older steel cyclocross frame on ebay (or stole if you consider that I only paid $40), and I'll be scraping parts to outfit this bike. My intention is to turn this bike into a bullet-proof commuter/trekking bike. What's nice is that after it's all said and done, this new bike will probably weigh at least 10 lbs more than my road bike, so it will almost be like weight training on every ride! I'll post pictures of the progress once I get the frame. Now if I could just find somebody to sandblast the frame and paint it neon orange...
|