|
|
The Fitz
I am Jeremy Fitzpatrick; this is my Blog. I enjoy cycling and I want to be your president!
Links
Addictive Cycles Nacho Average Blog Heather Anne Fat Cyclist
Previous Posts
January 2005 February 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 December 2006 October 2008 |
|
Sunday, March 12, 2006
I have been on vacation for the last week, and my scruffy face can bear witness. You see, I don't shave on vacation, ever. I have no need to shave, no one to impress, and since Jenn is knocked up and battling morning sickness, I certainly don't have to worry about a scruffy face getting in the way of "affectionate moments." Among other things, you may be wondering exactly why I'm on vacation. To tell you the truth, I just felt like taking some time off. Since Ace gives me a minimum of three weeks off in my first year (I can't cash it in or roll it over), I decided that I would take a few days off here and there for mental breaks. Did I mention that I really like working for Ace? This week has actually been the first time in 4 years that I've taken more than one normal business day off at a time, and the first time since I got my first job at 15 that I've gotten paid for a full week of vacation. I now consider myself mentally rested and ready to charge back into the fray. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I've spent a great deal of my time this week on my bike. I think that it's safe to say that spring is my favorite time of year to ride. For a number of reasons I basically wasn't able to ride for the last three weeks of February, and it was absolutely breathtaking to get out there this week. Riding has been simply brilliant due to the warm temperatures, the gentle breezes, the smells of the flowers and plants waking up again, and the fact that the whole world seemed to turn green again overnight. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ There are two events coming up that I want to participate in: The Lake Lanier Islands duathlon, and the BRAG spring tune-up. If anyone is interested in training for and participating in either or both of these events, please let me know. I would be very grateful for company, particularly on the long BRAG rides.
|