Saturday, February 18, 2006

Well, everybody and their sister has said something to the internet about our impending bun, so I figure that it's my turn. Jenn and I found out about a week ago that we are going to parents. Stop for a second and think about that: Are you as terrified/excited/anxious/happy as I am? Heather has already written letter to the bun, detailing her goals as an aunt. While reading Heather's letter, I nearly had to reach for my asthma inhaler the first time she referred to me as the bun's dad. It was if I hadn't acutally thought of myself as a father until I saw it written down. Pretty much every time I think about it, I feel like there is no way that I am ready to be a parent; to be responsible for another human life. I wonder, though, if there is any way that on can truly be ready for parenthood. I just think that no matter how prepared you think you are, no matter how many books you've read or how many classes you have taken, nothing can truly prepare you for the real thing. I guess it's one of the things in life that you try your best at and hope that you don't screw up too much.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com