|
|
The Fitz
I am Jeremy Fitzpatrick; this is my Blog. I enjoy cycling and I want to be your president!
Links
Addictive Cycles Nacho Average Blog Heather Anne Fat Cyclist
Previous Posts
January 2005 February 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 December 2006 October 2008 |
|
Sunday, January 15, 2006
One thing that I need to get off of my chest prior to providing my ride info for the day: If you are driving your car and happen upon a road cyclist, you should never under any circumstances honk at said cyclist from behind. If you happen to know the cyclist, you still should not honk. Honking will only cause the cyclist to nearly drive his brand new $2000 road bike down a 20 foot embankment because he never heard you come up from behind, what with the 20mph wind and the balaclava covering his ears. The honking will scare the cyclist. A lot. There, now I feel better. Today's ride was a meandering 18.9 miles at a steady 14.5 mph pace. Now that I know how to work my heart rate monitor, it's much easier to stay within my target range (since the aforementioned monitor tells me when I'm out of my range). I have also discovered that if the temperature is not at least 60 degrees, then two pair of socks will not keep my feet warm. Thus, I have just ordered a lovely pair of Louis Garneau shoe covers. My lovely shoe covers will be waiting for me when I return Friday from Arkansas. Today's Weight: 212 lbs
|