|
|
The Fitz
I am Jeremy Fitzpatrick; this is my Blog. I enjoy cycling and I want to be your president!
Links
Addictive Cycles Nacho Average Blog Heather Anne Fat Cyclist
Previous Posts
January 2005 February 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 December 2006 October 2008 |
|
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
So I'm going to try cyclo-cross racing this year. If you aren't familiar with this fringe type of cycling, it's basically an off road criterium on a road bike (with a few other twists of course). Of course you can use a mountain bike if you want, but you're instantly at a disadvantage on the portions of the course where you have to dismount your bike and carry it. Which is exactly what I plan to do this year. When I ride up to the barriers I'll be carrying my 35 lb mountain bike right next to the folks with their 18 lb sport specific 'cross bikes...and I don't care a bit. With any luck I just might pass a few of them. You can check out the series' website here. I'd love to have a few folks rooting me on if you have a couple of Sunday mornings free in the coming months; I'll keep everyone posted on which races I plan to enter. Of course I'd love to have a few fellow racers as well (Read: Heather, Tim, and Greg)!
|