|
|
The Fitz
I am Jeremy Fitzpatrick; this is my Blog. I enjoy cycling and I want to be your president!
Links
Addictive Cycles Nacho Average Blog Heather Anne Fat Cyclist
Previous Posts
January 2005 February 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 December 2006 October 2008 |
|
Monday, August 01, 2005
For the three or four of you that know when my birthday is (out of the 6 that read this, that is), this post is not about my birthday, but my bike's. That's right, my bike turned 400 miles old on Sunday. I know, I know, that may not seem like a lot to some people that ride 400 miles in 3 weeks (Tim), but to me it was a milestone of sorts. Regardless of any comparisons that may or may not exist, watching the odometer roll over to 400 miles was pretty special to me if for no other reason than the health benefits that I have seen from riding. Since I bought that bike in April, I've lost about 10 lbs and my blood pressure, once alarmingly high for an otherwise healthy 25 year old, has reduced dramatically. Right now I'm doing pretty well to get on my bike about 3 days a week, mostly due to my nightshift work schedule. However, by next season I'd like to be riding over 100 miles a week. Then I can post about my 1000 mile old bike!
|